advertisement
advertisement

I have been told I have Osteoarthritis in all my joints

Dolphin500DDolphin500 North East DerbyshirePosts: 6

Hi to all

I have been told I have Osteoarthritis in my neck downwards to my toes basically every joint going in my body I was offered insoles already have them I was offered joint injections they do not work. 

I have to keep a pain dairy everyday and go back in 3 months time and see what they are going to do. 

Hopefully operate I said fusions I have frozen shoulder on the left side I couldn't get my jacket on

My shoulder was so painful it's like Pain level 10.

The only thing that works is Steriods...... 

Dolphin500

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,137

Dolphin500

I am so sorry to hear that. I know how painful it can be as I have osteo of the spine also. Keeping a pain diary will help he doctor see what's going on and when. It would also be a good idea to do some research and take notes with you. 

Have you visited Arthritis-health.com? The site offers comprehensive information about arthritis and includes articles about specific arthritis typesarthritis coping strategies, and treatment tips. This site is a terrific resource for anyone looking for more information about arthritis.

Take care and keep us posted.

• I have osteoarthritis in my hip.  Lately my leg has had a terrible pain.  Could that be connected to the arthritis somehow?

• advertisement
  • @Dolphin500 I just saw my third pain doctor and was told I have osteo arthritis in both feet.  Following xrays, and after seeing a podiatrist who said my foot pain was coming from my lumbar fused spine a year ago?      My feet never hurt pre fusion surgery, but ever since post op day 1 I’ve had major pain and have not been able to walk well.  But like you, I actually feel the pain.  At times it’s everywhere, all joints which keep me in bed, sometimes just my feet, knees, shoulders, hands, neck, and sometimes combinations in various places. It’s never consistent.  I recently had to go on steroids for pulmonary issues, and my joint pain was fixed as if the prednisone was a magic pill.  It did not work post op at all at first, this is 20 months later.  What I don’t understand is how can a podiatrist not see arthritis and a year later a pin doctor says it’s mild to moderate throughout both feet?  And how can all my joint pain be the osteo type of arthritis, and not the rheumatoid type, when I never had an arthritic joint pain anywhere in my body once pre fusion surgery?   even my pulmonary dr thought RA and ordered a blood marker test for R this past Tuesday which came back ‘normal’.  I see my PCP to discuss on Monday and know I have to see a rheumatologist too to get answers. Wondering how you fair with your docs.  

Sign In or Join Us to comment.