advertisement
advertisement

Dont be afraid to be joyful in little things

20 years in my case..of pain and other issues

But through it all i remembered to save a little energy to find joy in little things.

Music, watching  a runner move gracefully as a work of art that trancends physicality 

A green apple

Kittens purring on my shoulder

Remembering my worth

What do you hold dear?

advertisement

Comments

• Oh I never want to lose that ability to find joy in the little things and I'll admit that lately, I struggle. Thanks for the reminder, William of how much I love

Watching my grandchildren grow into who they will become.

The beauty, color and intricate "faces"of the orchids I have nurtured for years. 

Music. My roommate playing piano. 

Bright sunshine and blue skies. 

Billowing clouds and green grass.

Mountain grandeur.

Soft pillows and ice packs, lol. 

Ok, I'll stop now. Thanks William. 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,137

Thanks William for reminding us that we do have joy in our lives. 

My husband, who is witty and funny and so caring

My dog, Oody. She is part lab and part we don't know the baby daddy!! lol

Our log home in the middle of the woods, high on a ridge

Memories of all the trips we took on motorcycles with lots of pictures

Our 3 great grand kids, all boys

Phone calls almost daily from our grand kids

And so much more!!

• advertisement
  • I attended a new pain group at my church today. The. Focus is really exactly what you’re doing, being gracious for the little things, writing them down each day, reflecting. Also having a one word positive ‘mantra’ to focus on when faced with pain, and trying mindfulness to focus on the positive to lessen the pain.  Great post. 

I’m thankful that these things bring me joy in varying degrees.....

My wife

my kids

my dog

the beautiful beach and Pacific ocean less than 2 miles away

tonight’s sunset

Music

another weekend of NFL playoffs for my team 

but above all God 

• My "team" lost

But thats not saying much because i wait for the superbowl and flip a coin to see which team ill root for

• I’m joyful that your team is not my team. 

I enjoy the Super Bowl commercials, especially if my team doesn’t make it.  

• advertisement
  • Lol

I tend to follow my hometown rugby team-s as far as sports go, then surfing when a grom begins to make a name for themselves

• Joel, I too am most thankful for God who gets me through each day

And also that my "team" is still in the playoffs? I'm so curious to know who your team is. Big hint on mine , I live in Kansas City, lol. 

• Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 360
    edited 01/16/2020 - 1:38 AM

Well your team and my team played in the first Super Bowl.  I bleed cheese.  It’d be great to have a rematch 54 years later but SFO 49ers will be tough for the Packers to beat this weekend to make it to the big game. 

• Thankful today that

Joanne is a football fan

My church fellowship group started back up

Homemade chicken fettuccine alfredo 

• Oooo

Fettuccini alfredo..yummmm

• Joel, I'll be watching who wins that one too. Chief's will have their hands full with the Titans. I just saw they are fighting over that 54 year old game tape! 

Today I'm thankful for my PT, she motivates me! 

Today I am thankful for my dog Oody. If I were to fall, I cannot get up off the floor by myself. I have been working with her to stand still by me, I get on my knees and put my hands on her back. She never moves. Once I'm up, she gets so excited. To me, priceless!!

• Today I’m thankful 

it’s NFL championship day

My pain is lower than normal

It’s 70 degrees and just beautiful outside

My wife and dogs just came to attack me in the bedroom where I watch KC lead and wait for my team to play.  Great cuddle time with the wife and doggies is priceless 

• Today I'm happy that the CHIEF'S WON!!!!!!! Sorry Joel that it didn't turn out well for GB, they sure gave it a big effort. Now you can root for my team lol.

• I am having a really bad pain day. My daughter just texted me a video of my grandchildren playing a super hero game,with capes lol. That was my special joy today. 

• I’m happy Joanne’s happy. 

GB was never close. My family puts its cheeseheads into the frozen tundra freezer and waits for next season, again. 2nd best NFL record since 2000, 1 SB win-am thankful for that. 

• nancyann, that's a priceless joy at just the right time! And yes Joel there is always next year and you can watch the SB without stressing out. Yesterday was awful for me too nancyann and I had a tough time finding joy, I'll be looking hard for some today! 

• I'm grateful for the better days God blesses me with. 

Grateful for family,  friends,  having a home, food, a car, our dumb but loveable cat. 

Grateful for anything that makes me smile and laugh.

Grateful for you all and grateful to God. 

nancyann

My grand daughters send me video texts or we Skype all the time. It is such a joy to watch the boys and be a part of their lives. 

My psychologist told me to be thankful every day for 3 things and write them down. Go back in a month or so and read them. You will realize how the simple things will make you happy.

• angie29angie29 Posts: 98
    edited 01/21/2020 - 12:54 PM

@nancyann

Kids and family are an absolute blessing  <3

I feel your pain, literally... it's hard. Real bad day for me too.

I'm hoping and praying for a better day tomorrow for us all.

Angie 

• Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 360
    edited 01/23/2020 - 2:45 AM

Must have been going around today I felt it, about the worst day of the week.  

Ok, I’m thankful that I found the app ‘Thankful’.   For iOS users with an Iphone or Apple Watch it’s simple to track each of the little joys.  

I’m thankful for technology, most Californians know a real time earthquake alert app went live recently, I’m thankful maybe I’ll get 60 sec warnings for the big ones.  

Family is everything and I’m thankful to be near my Dad and able to spend time with him 

I attended a new mindfulness pain group at the teaching hospital and pray it helps me improve my mindful practices

• My joyful was getting the all clear from my melanoma, it hasn’t spread , lymph nodes are clear. Though I have been moved to 3 monthly skin checks. My doc apologised for the shingles , said my procedures had brought it out . Going to be a bonza day today. Harpy

• Yes!!!! Happy for you and rejoicing with you!! Such very good news! 

harpy

Great news!! Thanks for the update.
    Sandra

• Harpy So happy for you!!!!

• Thanks guys, I am very happy today I feel like bouncing off the walls, but I better not I might hurt me lol

• That is a huge joyful thing to enJOY Harpy!

• @harpy

Awesome news!!!! Definitely celebration in order!  <3

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.