advertisement
advertisement

Workout plan

Hi, I have scoliosis and was just wondering if there was any specific work outs I should avoid/ are good. I am aiming to make a work out plan as I have recently bought a gym membership, however I have very little knowledge on fitness. I would appreciate anyone’s help, thank you 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome ksawyer72 we’re glad you’re here!

I would suggest that you make an appointment with a physical therapist and have them design you a workout plan, we have several members here that have scolosis, they can tell you what works for them, but their situation may be different than yours.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you seen the Scoliosis Health Center on Spine-health? It features a list of doctor-authored articles about different types of scoliosis and scoliosis treatment options. It has a lot of really helpful information about scoliosis.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• Second the need to see a physical therapist to outline a workout plan by giving you exercises, showing you precisely how they are done, monitoring and measuring you progress in detail, making sure you’re improving, ramping up the program so that you can get an idea of your pacing- how much can I do, how much can I increase, when to back off etc. while some gym trainers are good,I’ve had much more success with licensed PT to start and then doing it on my own at the gym.  

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,137

Having scoliosis, I agree with Chip and Joel. Especially what Joel said about gym trainers. Yes, some of them are good at what they do but they don't know your body like your PT does. 

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.