advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

L5 - S1 Laminectomy, Discetomy, Fusion growing pain

Hello, I had PLIF S1-L5, Laminectomy, and Discetomy December 5th( little over 6 weeks out).I'm still having severe  pain from incision site thru the thighs, down the back of both legs, in the big toe and bottom of my feet. Weak legs. Try to walk what I can, usually over a shopping cart.

Additionally severe pain in the tail bone in any position but laying down. 

Been going on since surgery. Pain meds have been removed. Anyone have experience in this.

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome Phlebman we’re glad you’re here!

Sorry you are dealing with all this, I understand what you are going through, nerve pain is rough, you mentioned you were off of pain medication, if you are not already it may be worth discussing some of the nerve specific medications, they can be very helpful, the other thing that helped me was walking, it hurt, but it also helped. 

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. You may also want to check out the video How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery, which also has some great tips.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.