advertisement
advertisement

Decompression log

I signed up for spinal decompression.  4 days a week for 5 weeks.

If I don't get erased I'll post every Friday.

I started Monday so far I'm pleased. Little stuff but progress. It's Monday thru Thursday so I figure I'll feel the bad stuff Friday night. Now it's a challenge just to get there.

Hope it helps, but who knows

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,137

I hope it helps too. And, looking forward to your updates.

Good luck,
    Sandra

• Week 1

Yep...bad day. Not the worst but still really bad. Right leg.

I have an unoperatable bulge in both lower disks(not big enough for surgery ), resulting in bilateral sciatica. 

• advertisement
  • However on a good note...I made it to the place all 4 days on time. .that's a big success. Wednesday I bent over and picked keys up with just a slight knee bend. I did it without thinking.  Usually I need support or squat. 

So who knows 4 weeks to go

I hate to hear that you had a bad week. But now it sounds like you have made some improvements.
    Hang in there, hopefully it will get a lot better.

Sandra

• Wasn't nearly what I expected. So far I'm pleased as i think I'm more flexible and my legs go where and when I want.

• advertisement

I really hope this works for you, you deserve it. Keep us posted.
    Sandra

• I have done decompression off and on for several years. It helped before I had a laminectomy in 2017. It did take about 15 sessions before I felt a difference. Hang in there it's a good alternative to surgery. 

• Week 2

Neutral.  Not sure. It's not making it worse, my med use may be down.

Haven't gone in reverse 

• Not sure about this one.

Saturday night went to a bar. Large one with a band and pool tables.  Didn't plan on it just felt half way good and needed to get out.

I figured I'll be there an hour...spent 3 hours, 2 playing pool (I did have a brace on under my shirt).

Sunday was bad,  still is. But I'm a bit shocked that I could do that.

I should point out I had a lot of CBD in me. Of all the "miracles " it's supposed to have making you very calm is very helpfull.

couchpotato

All I can say is Wow!!! Playing pool alone takes a lot of standing and bending over. Even though you said Sun. was bad, I'm sure it was good for you to get out like that. I would love to take you on in a game of pool, if I could bend over lol!!

• Still messed up. The stretch helped a little. Icing it down now

• Week 3

A little early, but I'm awake. I'm now at the max pull for me, 65lbs. It does help, haven't had to use cane and I don't limp as much. Med use is down a little from every 12 hrs to about 15 hours.

So far it's nice, but I think the same result can be done with one of those inversion things you see on TV. Or a xxxxxx gym (pm me for name).

2 weeks left

• Week 4

Actually pretty good. I think it does help

That's great!! At least you have seen an improvement. And so glad to hear about the meds too.

Stay in touch
    Sandra

• jbowerjbower wisconsin Posts: 158

Hi couchpotato,

Do you have to see a chiropractor to do the decompression? How does it feel when you are in the middle of the session and when you are done?

I've looked it up here and there but one seems different then the other.  I bet it's something that you have to keep doing it otherwise it goes back to how it was.  Is that a correct statement?

• My limited understanding is, there is no "standard ". I'm going to a chiropractic for it. It's an over engineered table. 30 min session 1min pull 0.5min release. Starts low goes up.

Personally I think the inversion things on TV are just as effective or a cheap XXXXX gym 700 (after you change the table rollers).

I have the later and will start using it again after next week.

Oh.IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TO BE USED AFTER ANY FUSION SURGERY

another thing although it works, being an ex engineer I still think the table is techno quackery. 

• I feel much better after the session. Next day hip bones sore (2 braces hit there to pull you.

• jbowerjbower wisconsin Posts: 158

That has to feel weird at first being pulled even a small amount.  Makes me think of those old medieval movies where they strap a person's arms and legs on a big wood circle and they pull the lever to slowly start pulling you.  Well until, I'm sure you can imagine what happens next..lol

That's great though that you are seeing results only after 4 sessions.  From your description I can see after 5 weeks that after some time gravity will once win again.  Unless you continue to go on a normal basis.  I had a similar experience when I was doing dry needling.  It took care of my stiffness in my neck and shoulders. I ended up stopping after a month for 2 reasons.  1. Because it wouldn't last long. Usually and hour or so it would tighten back up. 2. It started costing too much. And maybe because it would hurt more and more each visit.

Those inversion tables on tv do look like it would be awesome being able to do it whenever you wanted to.  I thought there were bad things happening to people though after time.  A big one being it caused people to get worse because they had something underlining with them. I've still thought about buying one.

They opened up this business here where you go in and they stretch you.  It's a 30 minute session which it sounds beneficial but I couldn't get over having a stranger completely break my personal bubble and put me in odd positions.. They don't even buy you dinner first..lol

• Hi guys, I asked about an using an inversion table. Sometimes it feels like I need someone pulling my feets and one pulling my head. Was told a definitely no go there. As I have osteophytosis with osteophyte proliferation in my thoracic, which could possibly cause the osteophyte ( where they have joined to each vertebrae) to crack or brake. Just  the thought of a stretch , oh would be blissful. Even just to wake up in the morning and stretch while laying in bed sounds  awesome , but that’s something I haven’t been able to do for a long while. But hey atleast I can yawn and stretch my gob. Lol  harpy 

• Relief after 16 sessions 

• Couchpotato68, could I ask after your 16 sessions now , is the relief lasting ? Will it help in the long term?   I see an osteopath now every two weeks, it’s only temporary relief  but hey any relief is very welcome. Keeps ya sane.  Cheers Harpy 

• I'll let you know in a month

• Goodluck, hope it’s long term relief. 

• Week 5

It's helped. At this point it's helped more than any other treatment. The chiropractic dr said I could continue another week free. I took him up on it.

Am surprised that it actually helped. I figure 1 more week to kinda cement in what's already there.

After I'm going back to my inclined gym.

Great!!  Finally, something has worked, but not without your hard work. Good job!!

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.