advertisement
advertisement

Spinal Cord Simulator

i had a permanent Spinal cord implant surgery done 5 days ago.Before the surhery i was on no narcotics.During the many discussions before making the decision to go ahead i was tild I would recieve pain meds for a couple weeks after to help with the surgery pain as the SCS would not help yet till the 2 week check up.I called the surgeon fri to get a refil for tues and was told he doesn't do that only pain management does called them who i had only seen once to get approved for the implant they said no they only prescribe for chronic pain.I am in a lot of pain and feel like i am being penelized for not have being on opiods. Thank you any advice would be helpful.

advertisement

Comments

• I would call the surgeon and complain and tell them pain management wouldn't prescribe. My surgeon had a surgical nurse who could really get things done. If yours does insist on talking to her. Don't be out off by the receptions. I've found it sometimes pays to go to the office in person if you can get someone to take you. You're not as easily ignored that way. The only other option is to contact your Primary if you know he/she well. I hope it works out for you, be your own advocate. it's not like you are asking something unreasonable. Please keep us posted. 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,163

Welcome melsmystic2 to the Veritas Health Forum!

I agree with Joanne,  talk to whoever told you that before the implant. 

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

You can also find information on Spine-health.comArthritis-health.comSports-health.comPain-health.com. All articles are authored by expert health professionals and reviewed by our experienced editorial team. This rigorous editorial process is modeled after that of a medical journal and ensures all of the articles are accurate, comprehensive, and unbiased. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Form Moderator

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.