advertisement
advertisement

Broken Hardware

I had a fusion at L4-5 last spring. The other night I woke up to a painful grinding in my back. I could feel it and hear it. I saw my doctor and she has a feeling the hardware has broke. I will be getting a CT scan later today or tomorrow.

Can anyone share their experience with broken hardware? My pain has been off the charts this week and I am starting to get a little nervous. I can't sleep or get comfortable. 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,153

PearTree

Oh no, I am so sorry. Hopefully your CT scan will tell your doctor what is going on. While you are waiting on other members to reply, go to the search box at the top right of the page and key in broken hardware. Scroll down past the ads and there are several older discussions on this subject.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• I am sorry you are dealing with this, while you are waiting, go to the search box above and type in broken hardware, scroll pat the ads and there are several older discussions that may help.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• advertisement
  • I don't have a broken screw but one of them is going the wrong direction. I also found out I did not fuse and the level below keeps getting worse and the level above is now herniated. 

I had to see a neurosurgeon a few weeks ago as part of the process to get my spinal cord stimulator approved. She was not comfortable approving it and wanted me to see a different neurosurgeon that specializes in complex spinal deformities. She was not convinced that I wasn't surgical. I see the other neurosurgeon today. 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,153

PearTree

Good luck today and please keep us posted
    Sandra

• Thank you! 

Today was a relief even though I will be having round 4 of surgery on my back. My neurosurgeon could see exactly what was causing my pain. To correct everything she will be redoing my fusion and then extending it down to the L5-S1. 

I have been so discouraged the last few months because everything was getting worse. I feel like I have a little hope again. I'll be having the surgery this spring right around my 35th birthday.  I am hoping I'll get to enjoy part of this next summer with my kids. It's been a really hard couple of years and I feel like they have missed out on so much because of my pain. 

• advertisement
  • Nice to have clear and firm answers.  Go slow and Make it an uneventful recovery and a year out you’ll be able to enjoy those kids as normal (without piggy back rides).  

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.