advertisement
advertisement

Pain Medication after 6 weeks PO

Hello warrior!! I'm new here in the group.

I am 6 weeks PO of ALIF / PLIF at L5 / S1 and although I think I am recovering well, I still feel a lot of pain in my back and legs which forced me to continue taking Percocet once a day, before bed, but I feel so frustrated, I din't expect to be taking narcotics yet, I wonder if it is normal to still be taking pain medication at 6 weeks PO?

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,564

Welcome Gica to the Veritas Health Forum!

If you are still in this much pain you may need to call your doctor and let him know what is going on.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. You may also want to check out Maximize the Ability to Heal After Spine Fusion Surgery

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• 6 weeks is still very early after fusion surgery, it takes time for everything to calm down, I was still taking pain medication at 6 weeks after my fusion surgery.

Chip

• advertisement
  • Gica - You might want to have a discussion with your surgeon.  Depending what was performed in your surgery, your pain might be expected.  On the other hand, maybe some follow-up imaging should be performed.  I expect your surgeon will have an opinion.

Sign In or Join Us to comment.