advertisement
advertisement

18 months out from 1st surgery, 3 months from 2nd lumbar fusion redo, and still have nerve pain down

I had minimally invasive surgery to fuse l4/5 in may 2018, surgery didn’t take no fusion, had surgery nov 2019 to redo fusion, this time PLIF, still having nerve pain down left leg into left calf, Doctor suspects possible scar tissue or bone spur. 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome palladan1 we’re glad you’re here!

You have been through a lot in a short amount of time, I can relate somewhat, I also had 2 fusion surgeries a little over a year apart, it takes time and patience to get over, your body needs time to heal and nerves usually take longer than the surgical and muscle pain.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. You may also want to check out the video How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery, which also has some great tips.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,459

palladan1

Below is an article on scar tissue after surgery. I hope this helps you out.

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.