advertisement
advertisement

Infrared Heating Pad

Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 326

I searched the forum for infrared heating pad discussions and there is very little on the forum. I'm considering purchasing an infrared heating pad before I go to the expense of purchasing one, I would appreciate feedback your experience with an infrared versus regular heating pad. I have a regular heating pad that I use almost constantly and it helps relieve my back pain but it gets hot and uncomfortable and I understand the infrared heating pads do not make you hot. Thanks! Jerome

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,471

Jerome001

I have never had the infrared heating pad but have been doing some researching on them. Mainly to find an answer to that very question. So far I can't find one that states "will not make you hot". If I do, I'll let you know.

Sandra

• joanne2jjoanne2 Posts: 401
    edited 02/08/2020 - 11:17 AM

jerome, I tried my DIL's and found it to be heavy and cumbersome. I couldn't really put it on my back unless laying on my stomach because they are so thick. I tried it on my leg and again it was so heavy and really didn't do anything for me. They do have many different settings but just didn't work for me like a regular heating pad. I suppose it depends on where and how you want to use it. This is just my experience, wish you could just try one. You could check different stores and see if they would be returnable within a certain amount of time. I just use Pure Relief XL and they don't seem too hot. 

Joanne 

• advertisement
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 326

I appreciate your comments. It is so hot for so long here in Florida that I may take the risk and buy one to see if it is a good alternative. Thanks again! Jerome

I have a Medtronic pain pump and my doctor asked Medtronic Representative about using an infrared heating pad. The Medtronic Representative stated “...our recommendation is to never use an external device within 12 inches of the pump or Stim like a tens or heating pad.” A bit of a surprise for me. I will also post this under a pain pump discussion. Regards, Jerome

• I had a infrared heating pad and the heat penetrates deeper into the tissues. I know I have a post about them years ago in Spinehealth but unable to find it right now. I got a prescription and was covered by insurance but have to check with your insurance company. I had platinum Thermotex as it’s flexible. Loved it. Not to be used near pain patch but able to use for metal implants but not sure about spinal cord stimulator. Check with Pain Dr of course any treatments

• advertisement

Charry, thanks for your response. Jerome

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.