advertisement
advertisement

Pain since October 2019

HI I am new to this Forum and hoping to see how others navigate through pain.  I started experiencing pain in October 2019 in my mid area of my back between my shoulder blades.  I went to Urgent care because I could't breath with the pain. X rays done basically wear and tear and degenerative disease.  Tried acupuncture which worked briefly, advil which works, yoga didn't and massages do temoproarily.  Went to a sports medicine dr a few weeks ago and now doing PT.  Some days I feel slight improvement, others not at all and worse.  Is this normal?  Additionally, pain is worse at night when laying down or sitting when I am sedentary.  I don't know what else to do except finish the PT but some mornings like today I feel crippled .  Anyone experience this sort of pattern of pain?  

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome jsimmons1 we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Here’s a great article about upper back pain on Spine-health that you might want to check out: All About Upper Back Pain. The article reviews the most common causes of upper back painsymptoms, and treatments. It has a lot of practical information that you might find helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,568

jsimmons1

If it were me, I would go thru with PT. It can be very beneficial and helpful.
    Keep us posted on your progress.

Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
  • So sorry for your pain. If it were me, I would also do an MRI to ensure that nothing else is going on there. X-ray only deal with the bony structure of the spine.

• jbowerjbower wisconsin Posts: 173

Welcome to my life. I've been trying to find relief over the last couple years.  You'll find out most doctors stay away from thoracic issues.  I would get an MRI and go from there.  I've tried everything and nothing has provided relief.

• Thank you everyone for the feedback.  I appreciate all of your shares and it is nice to know i am not alone in this weird painful place at times.  I am sorry for your pain(s) also.  Back pain just sucks.  I never understood it.

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.