advertisement
advertisement

Posterior Cervical Fusion/ Foraminotomy C4/T1

Hi Folks

I'm 6 months post op from my fusion surgery and finding that this is a very slow process! I am looking for other members that have had the posterior procedure to see how they are doing post op. For me this surgery was extremely painful while recovering for the first 4 weeks and then the recovery pain started to subside very slowly. I didn't feel a little better everyday I felt a little better every week and at 6 months I still have numbness and weakness in my hands. The nerve regeneration has been very slow, I never expected this nor did I expect my hands to be pretty useless for a few months.

At this rate of recover I expect it will take me at least a year before I feel normal again. Drop me a note if you have had a similar or different experience with the posterior cervical surgery.

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome RVanVoorhis we’re glad you’re here!

It sounds like you have a very good attitude about your recovery, 6 months sounds like a long time, and it is for a lot of things, but for recovery from fusion surgery it's not, especially where nerves are concerned, after my last lumbar fusion surgery, it took 18 months before I would say that I was completely healed.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. You may also want to check out the video How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery, which also has some great tips.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• May I PM you. chip? 

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.