advertisement
advertisement

DRG implant

I'm still waiting to hear from anyone who has had a DRG implant for pain.  

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,137

For those members that do not know what a DRG implant is, below is an explanation.

The DRG stimulator is implanted in a similar fashion to the typical spinal cord stimulator (SCS). ... The DRG is a spinal structure packed with sensory nerves that transmit information to the spinal cord, which then conducts those signals to the brain.

You posted this in surgery buddies so I am assuming you are going to have surgery. You have to go to the right of the page, click on Surgery Buddies, then find the month you are having surgery and start your discussion there.

While you are waiting for other members to reply, pleas read the article below.
    Spinal Cord Stimulators and Pain Pumps: Implantable Systems for Neuropathy 

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• I had it last week

• advertisement

How are you doing?

• Very difficult recovery.  My nerve was already the issue, scar tissue...blah blah.

So when they put the leads in the nerve got inflammed more.  I can barely walk and the numbing pain goes through my foot too.

• vickihope, SO sorry you are having such a rough time. I had an high frequency SCS but it sounds a little different. I do hope that after the nerve settles down things will improve for you. Please keep us posted. 

Joanne 

• advertisement
  • I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through this.  The nerve inflammation causing leg and foot numbing.   The dr says it will eventually go away.  Eventually?

vickihope

That is why I had mine removed, it was causing more problems than I had to begin with. And my doctor told me I should have had immediate relief. It was so bad I had it removed and the leads.

Sandra

• Sandra, please tell me what u had.

A DRG is a different device than a scs.

When it was removed did u get relief from the numbing you got..  removing mine will not help that.  

I apologize, I had a Medtronics SCS. 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.