advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Coccygectomy failed

Had a coccygectomy in 1999 due to my coccyx causing pain (I broke it as a kid playing ball).  I've been on major pain meds for years and now my pain doctor is suggesting a surgery where they would "wrap the end of the bone" in some sort of silicone or other material as they feel it may just be too exposed.  Has anyone heard of such a thing?  I'm trying to find anything on it on the internet and am having no luck.  Any information is appreciated.  

Thanks!

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome MRivers we’re glad you’re here!

Please go to the search box at the top right of your screen, type in tailbone pain, scroll past the ads, there are a few articles there on the subject, not sure if any will be helpful, but worth a try.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

You can also find information about tailbone pain on Spine-health.com,  All articles are authored by expert health professionals and reviewed by our experienced editorial team. This rigorous editorial process is modeled after that of a medical journal and ensures all of the articles are accurate, comprehensive, and unbiased. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.