advertisement
advertisement

Pain in legs

I had spinal fusion for L2-L5 plus wedges put between vertebrates 2-5 11 days ago, 2-5-2020. Pain has been tolerable until today when the front of both legs and left buttock have presented very bad pain.  Is this normal?  I have been walking daily, taking my meds, but this pain is new and not sure if I should be concerned.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you kindly.

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome donchwit we’re glad you’re here!

You are right at the stage where the nerves start waking up, I have had it happen several times after surgery, it's scary, but it's what you want to happen.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. You may also want to check out the video How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery, which also has some great tips.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

Below is a good article that will explain it all. As chip stated above, the nerves will let you know they are waking up, a very good sign. Yeah, it's aggravating. I use cold packs to calm them down when I have to.

Spinal Fusion Surgery Recovery: 1 to 4 Weeks After

Take care and keep us posted on your recovery.
    Sandra 

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.