advertisement
advertisement

My SCS was damaged during pacemaker battery replacement.

Hi everyone! I need advice,  bc right now I don't know what to do!  I have my SCS since April 2019. 2 days ago, February 20th, I had pacemaker battery replacement surgery. Suddenly today I developed really strange pain in my lower back, worse then usually, needles like pain in my stomach area and the worse pain in my legs. I  can't stay in bed, sit or walk, pain doesn't go away despite pain meds. I decided to check SCS remote and noticed it isn't working. Despite Saturday night, I called St.Jude rep. They checked the  system and told me that most likely during pacemaker surgery, in a hospital , they didn't put my SCS system on OFF mode and my SCS was damaged. It's a weekend, they have to find a rep in my area, if any, and to get all checked better. I am very upset, does it mean that now I will have to go through another surgery to remove SCS?  How could they be so irresponsible at the hospital?  My pain, nerve pain as well is 20 out of 10. I had few big spinal surgeries, fused from T- 2 to S-1, hardware, rods, screws, cage. Left with Arachnoidities, tons of nerve pain, chronic spinal pain. And now this. Please, advice...I need any info .

Thank you in advance,

Linda

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome moldova we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

You can also find information about SCS on Spine-health.com,Pain-health.com]. All articles are authored by expert health professionals and reviewed by our experienced editorial team. This rigorous editorial process is modeled after that of a medical journal and ensures all of the articles are accurate, comprehensive, and unbiased. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• moldova - Do you have the option/ability of turning the SCS unit off until you get to see the rep?  My SCS unit is built by another hardware company and I have a "kill button" (device shutdown button) on both my charging unit and control unit.

• advertisement
  • Hi, thank you for replaying to my post. No, I don't have rechargeable battery, and not able to stop my device. 

• charryccharry Posts: 147
    edited 04/23/2020 - 1:54 AM

I don't have an SCS but hoping by now you've heard from your Pain Dr. To me this is quite urgent to see someone for pain management and an answer. Would like to hear what happens in your situation. all the best

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 546
    edited 05/20/2020 - 6:35 AM

I can totally reset my SCS with a magnet. 

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.