advertisement
advertisement

Major pain in back and legs not resolving after L3-L4 Discectomy. DDD at L3/4 to L5/S1

Hello,

I have history of 2 surgeries, both discectomies. First at L4/5 on right side. Mostly pain related and unable to sleep. No weakness.

Then 4 years later L3/L4. The L3/L4 incident had caused major right leg weakness and un-resolved mild foot drop. It was spontaneous during some stretching. Recovery was fine until 3 months into recovery, Left leg developed same pain (but intermittent weakness). Did MRI and it was clean. Then 2 months following that MRI, symptoms have not improved since the previous worsening, AND now pain/burning started in sacral and genital area. Did another MRI. again mostly clean with nothing to operate on surgically... 

I do have random symptoms in my arms hands now and then (suspicion)...

Can cervical bulges cause leg weakness and pain? I'm requesting Cervical MRI now. Would be thankful if someone has knowledge on such a weird situation (No obvious search results after google search)

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,169

Welcome rumpteyr to the Veritas Health Forum!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Here’s a great article about back pain on Spine-health that you might want to check out: Back Pain Overview: A Guide for Understanding Back Pain. The article outlines common lower back pain causessymptoms, and treatments. It’s a very comprehensive article. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.