advertisement
advertisement

How to pass the time while?

My mom (71) is 6 weeks post op. She's able to walk around, sit outside, eat in the kitchen/dining room. But she can't sit for more than 45minutes at a time - which means she's mostly in her bed. The pain is still there but getting more bearable and now she's bored! She reads but says it's not comfortable to do in bed. There's only so much Netflix or movies to watch. She doesn't knit or sew. I think it's important to pass the time.

How do/did you pass the time? 

advertisement

Comments

• I don’t think Netflix ever ends honestly. Always new content being released. Me personally? I’d be Netflix and chilling. Your mom is the same age as my mom.
  • That's a tough question because everybody's interest are different, for me, reading, TV, games on my tablet and of course this forum usually keep me occupied.

Chip  

• advertisement
  • G’day formymom, there wouldn’t be enough space for things it did before my pain . I love watching my grandkids , Not sure getting dropped off with roller blades at 5.30 this morning is good, but apparently ganma has the perfect Wrap around verandah.  But now i do like to crochet, trying to finish a blanket I started 2 years ago. My mom loves to do find a word and other word puzzles. Could your mom do picture puzzles? They can be a good time filler. 

• I would try puzzles too. That’s a good idea @harpy. If reading in bed is too hard I’d change positions to a more comfortable one.

• Thanks to all :)

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.