advertisement
advertisement

What to expect in the coming weeks

I am 7 weeks post op fusion pelvis to T10. Still on pain meds, oxy and walking with a walker. I had a fracture at L5 and scoliosis plus osteoporosis and spinal stenosis. I had 3 surgeries in 4 days and ended up with a blood clot in my leg. This has been a nightmare as I was expecting a 2 level fusion. My energy level is low as I became anemic after receiving 7 units of blood. I'm on vitamins, iron and other supplements. The pain prior to surgery is gone. This is different. Mostly stiffness, muscle tension and weakness. Walking without the walker is impossible. Mentally I am about to lose it. I was active prior to this disaster and now I worry constantly about will I ever get my life back, finances as I am a real estate agent so no regular paycheck, etc. Sleeping in bed is almost impossible I just can't get comfortable. So that is the short version of my story. Hoping to see some glimmer of hope soon. I know it is a long recovery but as I said this was totally unexpected. I was supposed to have a 2 level fusion. My back was too unstable and had small fractures up my spine so to secure the plate this is what they had to do. Also PT is killing me. After they come I can barely walk for 2 days and feel lots of pressure in my pelvis. I think they expect too much too soon. Enough said for now.

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome fastforward we’re glad you’re here!

I am sorry you are dealing with all this, that is a very long fusion, we have a few members here that have had the same surgery, hopefully they will see this and give you some encouragement and tips. My fusion is just a 3 level, but I will tell you that it took a year before I felt normal again, it takes work and willpower to get over, but you can do it. 

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. You may also want to check out the video How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery, which also has some great tips.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

fastforward

Like Chip said, you can do this. We always say, time and patience. This is not a sprint it's a marathon. I have a previous discussion bookmarked, Post op journey, T10-pelvis. It's a members discussion about their surgery and recovery. There are also a lot of replies from other members. While you are waiting for replies, if you would like to read this I will send you the link.

Take care and please keep us posted.
    Sandra

• advertisement
  • Yes I would welcome any information available. Thanks Sandra

• advertisement
  • Thank you  <3

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

You are so welcome!! Let me know if you need anything else.

Sandra

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.