advertisement
advertisement

Herniated disc MRI images please help

flymotofflymoto Posts: 6
edited 03/03/2020 - 11:13 AM in Lower Back Pain Forum

Hi guys. I’ve just recieved my mri results with no report. Would anyone be able to have a look over as I’m slight concerned about potential findings. I think L5 and T12 looks bulged. 

Thanks so much

Edited to remove outside link-Sandra

advertisement

Comments

• You have to get the report. It’s against forum rules to comment on MRI images.
  • No problem thanks. Can anyone inbox me if they have a opinion? :)

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,169

flymoto

As stated above by L4_L5, no one can comment on your MRI, even in a PM. Please talk to your doctor about your MRI.

Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• Just out of curiosity why don’t you have a report? Can you get the report? 

Sorry if it sounds cold that no one can comment. It’s just that none of us are medical professionals and it’s against forum rules. 

I hope you can get some help for this pain. No one deserves to not see or have access to their own MRI report. 

I saw the link before it was deleted and just like me it looks like they scanned your whole spine. I only bring this up because if someone scanned my entire spine (C1 to S1) I would most definitely want the MRI reports for cervical, thoracic and lumbar. 

Otherwise you’re just trying to guess and guessing isn’t good.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

• I understand no problem :)

I will be getting a report but probably not for another 2 weeks at least, so I kind of wanted a idea of what I was going against as I have paid private! 

Hopefully I can heal with therapy I’m doing myself. What’s the general concensous of McKenzie stretch? I’ve been doing mcgills big 3 also. Thanks 

• advertisement
  • @flymoto what symptoms drove you to get MRI’s? I don’t know anything about McKenzie or McGill’s to be honest. It stinks you have to wait 2 weeks for your report!

flymoto

I found x couple of articles in our library on McKenzie, stretching and exercising. Below are the links.

https://www.spine-health.com/wellness/exercise/what-mckenzie-method-back-pain-and-neck-pain

https://www.spine-health.com/wellness/exercise/abdominal-exercises-and-back-exercises-getting-started

Good luck
    Sandra

• Thankyou I will read them!

I’ve been having sharp pains when doing some movements, and terrible tight muscles when sitting for a while now. It actually started around 3 years ago but I healed up then decided to run a marathon And re injured even worse. I’ve been working so hard for the last 6 month but nothing has improved So thought I need to know the root of the problem. It’s getting tiring now
  • Hi flymoto

I remember getting my MRI scan images, no report and trying to understand them. Nothing looked good.

Report went straight to the Dr,  who ran through stuff with me and recommended a surgeon. I sat reading the report, very detailed, while they got my surgeon appointment sorted.

So many questions after reading.

What about these bulges ....not uncommon but not of concern

What about this fracture thing.....you probably got that when you were a teenager, what sports did you do.  Taekwondo

As already said, yes I know waiting is frustrating, but you need to get back to the doctors. He/she will match your report to your symptoms and explain it.

Good luck

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 299

flymoto, the facility where I have my MRIs and CT scans has a patient portal where I can sign into my account and see the radiologists reports a couple of days after a MRI or scan which is great because sometimes it is a while before my follow up appointment with the doctor or surgeon. Perhaps your MRI facility also has a patient portal? Jerome

flymoto

I agree with Jerome. My hospital also has a patient portal where it notifies me of appointments and test results and any medicines refilled. Check on it, it'a really worth it.

Sandra

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.