advertisement
advertisement

Spinal stenosis

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and I'm honestly just looking for support as I don't think many realize what we go through. I have been dealing with an injured lower back probably for about 10 years now. Up until 4 months ago I would get episodes of inflammation that would heal usually in about a week.

This time however I've been dealing with daily pain for about 4 months now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I spoke to the spinal surgery so told me I needed to drop weight before they could consider surgery to reduce the chance of reherniation. The pain is debilitating at times and I go through periods of agony. 

I had gotten a little better towards the end of December last year and then first week of January all of a sudden it seems it got irritated again and I feel like the pain has gotten worse this time around. I'm unable to attend for long periods of time. I asked my doctor if we could do another MRI and they told me it was not necessary unless there was sudden leg weakness or issue with bowel moments. 

I've visited several chiropractors who have told me my hips were misaligned however I don't know if it's because of the muscle spasm tightening the are or is hip misalignment an actual condition? Should I speak to by doctor about it? Here are my MRI results that were last taken back in October of last year.

advertisement

Comments

• I thought I had found a good stretch that had helped me out relieve tension in my butt as I felt some relief this morning but now laying on the floor I realize it was probably the cybalta helping with the pain. As a 32 year old father of a 2 year old and expecting my 2nd in about one month things have been a struggle to cope with.

• Welcome davideric05 we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you visited the Spinal Stenosis Health Center on Spine-health? It has a wide range of informative articles and videos about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for spinal stenosis. It’s a valuable resource for anyone seeking more information about the condition.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.