advertisement
advertisement

ACD&F Post Surgery Pain: 10 years later

I am 10 years past my 3rd ACD&F surgeries (C4/5; 5/6; 6/7).  I have always been physically active - sports etc.  But, for the past almost 10 years, I have been in constant pain where the only relief is for me to lie down in my bed. No way to enjoy my new grand children! I have tried facet injections, massage, acupuncture, physio etc etc and NOTHING provides any long term relief.  I have bought devices such as massagers, TENS machines, neck extenders et al.  I am not looking for any sympathy, just some suggestions as to 1: how to relieve my pain and 2:  warnings to those who may want to have neck (ACD&F) surgery.  (NOTE:  ACD&F means Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion)  Thanks to all who have shared and provided suggestions to we (the sometimes called Histrionic Personality Disorder affected people) who endure continued chronic neck (or any other) pain.  I would greatly appreciate any (non-commercial) suggestions as to how best to deal with this ongoing pain and enjoy my grandchildren.  Thank you for your attention and suggestions!

advertisement

Comments

• RJGM - If you care to share, I was wondering the reason for your ACDFs, trauma, DDD, spinal stenosis or maybe something else?

• Welcome RJGM we’re glad you’re here!

There are a lot of us here that not only understand your situation but are living it right there with you, I am not sure that there is a one size fits all solution, I wish there was, I have had surgery on all 3 levels of my spine and have pain at all 3. My daily routine consists of medication, stretches, heat and ice, and a hemp topical cream, all that helps but I think the most important thing I do is try to stay busy doing something, anything that will get my mind off of the pain but as you know, there are days where nothing works.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read through our Chronic Pain Resources on Spine-health? You’ll find a number of valuable Chronic Pain Coping Techniques and resources for Understanding Neuropathy Symptoms. It’s a comprehensive resource for those seeking more information about chronic pain. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.