advertisement
advertisement

Getting things done

Is it just me or does anyone else notice how hard it is to get going in the morning?  And sometimes not just the morning but even going out to run errands later in the day.  I will have all of the greatest intentions to take care of things I need to do only to collapse and do nothing when its time to get going.  Its like I have no energy to do anything any longer.

I have given up even planning things any longer.  Now I just wait and see at the exact moment I need to get something done to see how I will feel.  Often I will think to myself  "do I really need to go out today?  Can I put it off till another day?" 

I believe what I am experiencing is a total loss of energy.  Chronic pain just makes me tired.  All the meds we take also just drain us.   

Now lets talk about memory.  What memory?  I cant remember a thing any longer.  I have to write down important things to make sure they are taken care of. 

I think I will take a nap!!!

God bless us all

dale

advertisement

Comments

• Dale

You are not alone with this, I woke up this morning with big intentions of doing several things, the only thing I ended up doing was walking the dog and that was only because she insisted.

Chip

• Strewth Dale , I thought I wrote your piece. Totally me down pat. Nights are my worse for pain , oh then the thought I have to get up. Ouchy, I am at the stage I am struggling to dress myself. It the bone aching fatigue that eats me up. Shame my memory wasn’t worse maybe I could forget I had pain , lol harpy

• advertisement
  • About a month ago, I decided to cook dinner at noon because I have more pain as the day goes on. I also cook double so I can skip next day. My husband helps alot and I am fortunate. I can barely get off the couch after 3 pm. It is so hard to do the simple chores. I rely on my husband for everything. Life seems to require adjustments every few months. Ugh, I am exhausted just thinking about it. 

• Nancyann I am so jealous your husband helps. Mine did after my accident when I was going for compensation but since I got that and paid all his bills out it’s just not worth nothing to ask for help. I did a couple loads of washing today that built up and he just gets home from work and I get “” thought you’re back was hurting”” hmmmm

• Sorry to hear that Harpy. Maybe he will come around. It took years for my husband to get it. We are married 35 years and we learned to work together. There were many years while our girls were growing up that he didn’t understand my weekly migraines. Now I am less independent because of back and neck pain and have to ask for help. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Nancyann 

• advertisement
  • Will be 35 years for me in July.  My kids are great. And grandsons the best distraction ever. If those little boys only knew what they do mentally  for their ganma. 

• Oh how I envy those of you with grandchildren.  I am still waiting.  My daughter married and is now divorced.  No grandchildren in the foreseeable future. 

For those who get little help around the house I am so sorry.  It is a couples duty to share the workload.  I will do this till the end.  Cooking enough food for multiple days is a great idea and one I use  regularly.  I hate doing dishes, cooking and cleaning up.  Its not the work--its the pain from the work. 

For the men who do not help--shame on them.  In the end they will be judged.  As we all will be.

God bless us all

dale 

• I'm right there with y'all. For the most part I don't plan anything, it's a 'just wait to see how I feel ' life for me. And then I have a tendency to overdo it when I do feel like doing anything. Like yesterday! The ladies on our street go out for breakfast once a month and yesterday I was happy that I was able to get myself together enough to go. It always helps to get out around people and thankful I have a roommate who drives or it would be tough to do anything. It was a beautiful day and she went grocery shopping in the afternoon and asked if I wanted to ride along, should have said no. Didn't sleep most of the night because of the pain and I can hardly move today. It will be several days before I can do much of anything. It's depressing but just have to deal with it. 

I know I've mentioned it before but don't know what I'd do without my roommate. She does most all the cleaning. I try to help with the laundry and cooking but like all of us, some days it's just not possible. She's going to be gone for 10 days this month and I'm not sure how I will manage but I will. My son who lives close by has his plate full with a wife and son who have chronic health issues. I do have people close by if I absolutely need someone.

You are so right Dale, chronic pain just saps all my energy and as far as memory goes......let's see, what was I going to say :-)

Joanne

• Dale, I hope you do get a chance to be a grandad. Being a ganma is the most precious thing to me. Nothing beats your grandkids seeing you all yelling ganma, and running as fast as they can to get to you. Then tells you I love you a million and 7.  I Organized for my grandsons to make cupcakes Friday,  then when one went home I took  the other one back home ( he lives directly across the rd) his back yard is on an estuary water way, so I got him some bait and his little fishing rod and the cheeky little nugget caught 6 bream and one mud crab. My pet hate is getting fish off a hook.  ew yuk, he squeals with delight,  I got a fish , is just bliss . And he laughs his head off when ganma squeals when the fish is flapping around when trying to get hook out. Ew . This 4 year old would put a adult to shame lol lol. Grandkids are a different love to your own kids. It’s just very special. 

• Sigh..….

Yes I can see that Harpy.  I am happy for you. 

Things in life are indeed strange.  I would have thought by now I would have grandchildren.  My daughter's marriage did not work out and neither of them were ready for children.  If I were younger I would adopt.  lol. 

God bless

dale

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,169

Harpy

I have 3 great grand little boys, 5, 3 and 5 mos. Your fishing story reminded me of when the 2 older boys came to visit. We have a stocked pond in our back yard with a dock. When they came, that is all they did, fish. I taught them how to bait their own hooks and finally how to get the fish off the hook. They don't live close so I don't see them often but we Skype and talk all of the time. 

I know how you feel. I thought I loved my grand kids more than anything, and I do, but the love I have for those little boys is priceless.

• My grandchildren are 4,2 and 2 years. It’s nice to have a grandson after having 2 daughters and only sisters. I love them all so much. They each sang happy birthday to Nonna on my birthday last week in a video. My only regret is that although I am 59, I can’t do everything I thought I would be able to do. I can’t keep up with their other grandmas who are nearly 70.

• Dale, You never know what God has planned for you. You may not have grandchildren now but you give compassion,kindness and understanding to me and others on this site. Where would I be without some wisdom from dmo!

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,169

I have always told Dale he should write a book of short verses of wisdom. He has a heart of gold and compassion for others. We need to come up with a title for this book!!

• It hit me the other day that I may never have grandchildren to take fishing.  The best times of my life were when my Grandfather took me fishing in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  To not be able to have this joy is heartbreaking. 

I have been blessed with much in my life so I will not let this one sadness cause me to give up.  I have been lucky to work and provide for my family.  I have been blessed with a wonderful church family.  Above all else I know my reward when my days on the earth are complete. 

All of life is vanity and chasing after the wind.  We all are but a momentary vapor here and gone in an instant.  Thankfully we are given a fountain containing living water.  All who wish can drink freely from it. 

If I am able this summer I plan on organizing a fishing trip for the children of my Church.  I have no idea why this never occurred to me before. 

God bless us all

dale

• That’s right dale, doesn’t have to be grandkids, most kids love to fish and I bet you if you asked a few To go fishing you would probably end up with parents too . To see kids outside is much better than inside on their iPads ect .... you could start your own little fishing club lol 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.