advertisement
advertisement

stimulator

One of my last places to go is for a spinal  stimulator  They are really pushing those now but need some personal opinoins from those who have had it.

advertisement

Comments

• I had an SCS for 5 months, didn't work for me but does for some. I had a HF and it overestimated my nerves and they could not get it regulated. I also had problems with the battery site. We're not supposed to give advice but I think it's ok to say to do your research. Ask your doctor how many he/she has done, success rate? I even asked to speak to one of his patients. Will you have reps you can get regularly communicate with if you have problems? I had two and they were so helpful. Sit down and write every question you can think of, don't rush into it until you have your questions answered. Join an online support group for the particular SCS you're looking at. It's a big decision and deserves a lot of time and research. Keep us posted. 

Joanne

• Thank you for your imput!!

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,169

connie73

We have had a lot of members on the forum with good and bad stories. You just have to do your research and do what is best for you.

I also had a SCS and had it taken out within a month. For me, it was the worst experience I ever had. And on top of that, after it was taken out, the doctor just said he couldn't do anymore for me. I have depended on steriod injections, Medrol packs and Prednisone over the years. Below are some articles you may want to read.

Cold Laser TherapyElectrotherapyNerve Blocks, and Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS)

Sandra

• Thank you so much.  I'm so bad I don't even qualify for a fusion!

If you don't mind me asking, why?

• advertisement
  • When the surgeon saw my bone density numbers he said my spine could not hold a fusion.  I'm screwed.

I am so sorry. I'm in the same shape with L1-S1 all herniated and ruptured. Plus scoliosis. I am not a candidate for surgery because of my health. So I have a pain pump with morphine. It does not cover the nerve pain but it helps with all of the other. I have SI joint dysfunction and the sciatic pain can be bad. I either get injections or take Prednisone or a Medrol pack.

I have a very good pain management doctor who works with me. Have you gotten more than one opinion?

Sandra

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.