advertisement
advertisement

I'm new here but after reading your posts I feel I know all of you

I have been in pain since September of 2005.  I can seldom leave my house and only to eat or see a movie or Dr visit about 3 times a month. My wife tries to understand but doesn't,  probably because I keep as much of how I feel to myself as possible.   I  only wish she would buy stuff for me to eat.  She complains about noises I make due to the pain in my back.   Does anyone else get these complaints?  Soft hug to you all.

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome Dragoon50 we’re glad you’re here!

It's really hard for somebody that has never felt your pain to understand, really there is no way they can. Have you tried to have a serious conversation with her about it? It can also help to have your doctor to explain your condition to her, sometimes they can get through when we can't.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read through our Chronic Pain Resources on Spine-health? You’ll find a number of valuable Chronic Pain Coping Techniques and resources for Understanding Neuropathy Symptoms. It’s a comprehensive resource for those seeking more information about chronic pain. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,169

Dragoon50

Have you tried giving your wife a list of things you would like to have to eat? And, I agree with Chip, talk to your wife, it is not good for you to keep the pain inside. 

Take care and keep us posted.
    Sandra

• advertisement
  • Hi dragoon50. I'm glad you feel welcome here and it's a place to share your pain where you are understood. It's so very hard not to be able to get out. I'm getting to that point where I don't have the energy for it. My husband passed away 4 years ago and I share a condo with another widow. She is wonderful to me and makes sure I have everything I need. 

I think Sandra had a great idea, make a list of things you like to eat, maybe your wife just doesn't know. Just ask her nicely to get those things for you and I do hope you can talk to her sometime about how you feel. Take care and keep us posted.

Joanne 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,169

Dragoon50

I have an idea for you. Most grocery stores have delivery service and or pick up. You could order your food for you and your wife and have it delivered or have her pick it up at the door. My husband has to do the shopping as I can't get out, so I give him a list of what I need.

Sandra

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.