advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

having severe pain,swelling and lack of motion 4 weeks after having c-3,4,5,6,7 cervical RFA.

Had 2 neck surgeries and hardware installed at c-4,c-5,and c-6 15 yrs ago (at age 35) after having a bad accident and have been in pain ever since but was able to still work as a plumber and keep a active lifestyle going. I recently had a bad fall at work which loosened my hardware,and caused other damage to C-3 through C-7, which have made me unable to work or do my normal activities. I went and had 2 different neurosurgeons give me their opinion and gave me options of major neck surgery, which at this time I'm trying to avoid at all costs. I decided to go with RFA at C-3 through C-7 and had both sides done 4 weeks ago. I've been in severe pain ever since, with swelling continuing and lack of range of motion at my neck. I did reading and research on cervical  RFA side effects before and after the procedure and I've found no information about these kinds of side effects lasting this long. Has anybody had this procedure done and had these kind of problems and if so ,for how long? Having no luck getting any solid answers from my surgeon.Thankful for any help I can get.

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome antibuse we’re glad you’re here!

I have not had this procedure but we have several members that have, while waiting on them to reply go to the search box at the top right of your screen, type in RFA, scroll past the ads and you will find articles and older discussions on the subject.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

You’ll find a number of informative resources in the Pain Management Health Center on Spine-health, including doctor-authored articles about Cold Laser TherapyElectrotherapyNerve Blocks, and Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS). I hope you find these resources helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.