advertisement
advertisement

Fused C5C6C7 Vertrabrae

Has anyone else experienced general body aching, along with shoulder,neck,head . This is all as a result of very tight neck muscles, despite exercises and having deep tissue massage. Very frustrating having to rely on ibuprofen 

advertisement

Comments

• Papillons - Question: Are you fused from C5 to C7 or is it being recommended that you get fused from C5 to C7?

• Hi thanks for your comment, I am fused between C5 - C7

• advertisement
  • I know too well the body aching, along with shoulder, neck and head pain.  My fusion extends further up from C5 and down beyond C7.  How long have you had the C5 to C7 fusion?  Have you reported these pains to your surgeon or PCP?  Was your fusion because of neck trauma or a deteriorating condition within your body?

• The fusions are over a number of yrs. C5C6 was done in 1998 in U.K. and C6C7 was done 2yrs ago both were Disc problems pressing on spinal nerves. First operation was done by taking bone from my hip in U.K. and the latest one was done by fusing C6C7 with a metal cage. In France .I have been seeing a pain management doctor with limited success along with this I see a physio twice, it is constant maintenance and regular pain from the muscles in my neck that causes these various problems. Headaches that affect sinuses. I take ibuprofen which is the only medication that gives me any relief, but this is not good long term. I use wheat bags to give heat to the affected area also TENS machine to electro stimulate the area. What is your experience 

• Hi Papillons. I had my ACDF  C5/C6 surgery in December 2019. Still feeling alot of tightness/aching in the neck and shoulders. Been going to PT twice a week and seems to be helping. I find sitting to be the worst right now. Neurosurgeon says normal as its only been about 3 months and spinal cord was compressed a long time.

• advertisement
  • Hi Papillons. I had my ACDF surgery in December 2019. Still feeling alot of tightness/aching in the neck and shoulers. Been going to PT twice a week and seems to be helping. I find sitting to be the worst right now. Neurosurgeon says normal as its only been about 3 months and spinal cord was compressed a long time.

• Papillons - I'd suggest you ask your pain management doctor about the possible use of gabapentin.  I have found the use of gabapentin valuable for me since I a spinal cord injury along with nerve root damage in my cervical area.  I know that medical protocol varies from country to country.  Believe it or not, gabapentin is still one of the rather cheep drugs here in the U.S, even though it was approved for use here in the U.S. in the 1990s.

• thanks for all the very useful comments, it is the tightness in the neck ,head, and shoulders that impacts on the rest of your body .Any other sufferers welcome to contribute it is always good to know that you are not alone

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.