advertisement
advertisement

Police Officers

Hello All,

I had ACDF surgery at C6/C6 on in December 2019. Still have some pain and stiffness in the neck but slowly improving, more of a throbbing pain as opposed to a sharp pain. Told me it is normal as my spinal cord was compressed for so long that it will take some time for the nerves to wake up. I had severs stenosis, degenerative disc, loss of CSF  and myelomylacia with syrinx formation. Dealt with it for approximately 3.5 years before having the surgery. Neurosurgeon expects full recovery and back to active duty. Any police personnel experience this? Thanks all.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,165

Welcome decirp the Veritas Health Forum.

First, I would like to thank you for your service to your community and country. 

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. 

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.