advertisement
advertisement

High Blood pressure

Is a cervical disc prolapse with radiculopathy the cause of my high blood pressure and pulse rate? I've never had a problem before but my doctor has now put me on a 24 hour blood pressure monitor and I don't want to have to take more meds than I already take

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

Skinnykins8

This is something you will have to discuss with your doctor. With the monitor, hopefully, he can help you get your blood pressure down. When I let my anxiety get the best of me, sometimes, by blood pressure shoots up. I know when it does so I have to calm myself back down.

Talk to your doctor, ask questions.
    Sandra

• When I turned fifty, I had a compressed nerve in my neck and low back pain. I also developed high blood pressure. My heart raced and panic attacks were now affecting my blood pressure. The hypertension is genetic for me. It took months to get the right combo of meds to keep it down. I had to monitor my pressure all the time until the meds started to work. I take 4 different blood pressure meds and my dr explained that it was the best for me. Some people only need 1 or 2 meds. Talk to your dr.about your concerns. I had lots of questions and called every time my pressure went too high. They have so many different bp meds. Good luck and keep us posted. Nancyann 

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.