advertisement
advertisement

ACDF C4-C6 2.5 years post-op

Hey guys, 31 year old here who went through ACDF surgery. I remember I wanted to post on this forum right away after my surgery, but that never really happened lol. It’s already been about 2.5 years since then, but I guess it’s better late than never.

Prior to going through with the surgery, I remember how extremely scared I was and how much I obsessed over these forums. I spent hours and hours researching and reading the experiences of people who went through with this surgery. Unfortunately, I do remember reading about a few people who had a bad experience. However, I remember reading that most people who had the surgery and felt no symptoms later, simply did not post on the forums anymore. In my case, I can tell you that was definitely true. I immediately forgot about all the pain I was experiencing and life went back to normal surprisingly quickly. In only about a month or so (if I can remember correctly), I was back in the gym working out. I think the recovery was just so tolerable, I never really had to look back. I do remember though that I did have some trouble eating for about a week and sleeping was slightly difficult for the first few nights. However, besides that the recovery seemed to be very manageable.

If you’re in the same position as I was, I just wanted to give you some comfort if you are considering going through with this surgery. I remember the excruciating and debilitating pain I put myself through because I was so scared. Looking back, I wish I had done it sooner. Also, in many cases, I think it can be worse to hold off on this longer than you need to. I don’t think I can tell you if it will be the right decision for you, but I know it was the right one for me. I don’t know if anyone will actually read this, but to whoever does, I hope it helps you. Take care and best wishes.

advertisement

Comments

• Thank you for sharing your story, we don't get a lot of success stories here and we need that, so again thank you

Chip

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

Thank you!! If you don't mind, I am going to bookmark your story. That way, if a member is having surgery and has fears, they can read how you went through the recovery. 

Sandra

• advertisement
  • great to hear I am 3 months post C5/C6 still have some throbbing pain in back of neck but doc says not to worry part of the healing process. My spine had been compressed for a very long time. Good to hear your doing well.

Sign In or Join Us to comment.