advertisement
advertisement

Pulling and weakness

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm basically out of a soft brace after my c3 to T3 fusion. My doc had me tapering off it 1 hr each day for 2 we weeks. Since the  covid 19 I can't take PT but have been doing the exercises in a booklet he gave me. My question is after a few hours, the pulling and weight of my head hurt , is this common? Simple household tasks are hats.

Thanks

advertisement

Comments

• I only wore a soft brace for a short time after my C4-C7 fusion, when I stopped wearing it my head felt heavy and my neck muscles had a pulling sensation, it didn't take long for everything to feel normal again.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• Thanks Chip I'm ready to be out of this brace. Be well and stay safe. 

• advertisement
  • I understand about the brace, I didn't have to wear it much, but hated every second of it.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• I'm feeling less pulling, still my head is heavy, need to sit often, I notice that after I do some PT on the left side I get awful headache. Is this usual. 

• It will take time for your muscles to build back up, they have been used to being supported by the brace and are weak, I have been told that the average human head weighs between 8-10 pounds, so if you think about that, it's no wonder it takes time to get those muscles built back up.

Chip

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.