advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

latest pain management doctor visit

just got back from this month's doctor visit...everyone had gown/gloves/mask on

...had the front door open so you could stand in the doorway for a temperature check and virus questions...if you had a fever they'd send you home and do a telemedicine appointment

...wanted to pay an outstanding balance so gave my card to someone who walked it over to desk lady...brought card and receipt back 

...after temp checked out sent back to wait in car for curb service...could get used to that...asked them if they could make a house call next time

...assistant came to car and was standing so far away she almost needed a Mr. Microphone...usual pre nurse questions

...no blood pressure check and no pill count

...my nurse practitioner then came to car for usual visit with usual questions...I'm sure they're happy for no rain 

...and that was that...if they're open for my next appointment it'll be same way

...nurse said to take my temp before next appointment and if I have one call to cancel and she'd do phone appointment...if the office closes she'll do phone appointment

...she said they're out of masks, and she's been wearing the same one for over a week...scary and sad 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,697

How things can change in certain cases. But I'm so glad they are taking the precautions that they are. At my pain clinic, they are doing all appointments by Skype or teleconferencing. At least you were able to go.

Take care,
    Sandra

• Joel1QJoel1Q Posts: 385
    edited 04/02/2020 - 1:27 PM

My pain clinic did my visit this week via FaceTime.  Much better experience for me than going in, however I was told it was time to do a urine sample.  I am supposed to (or my wife can) drive by the clinic, and they are setup in the parking lot to give me a specimen cup.  Then I’m to return it (or my wife can) with a sample within a week, and the sample has to be taken within an hour of drop off time.  Kinda weird, not very secure, but it is corona madness time  :s 

• advertisement
  • Down here I am going phone appointments with my gp, have a nice hot cuppa ready lol. Scripts needed get faxed to chemist I used and just got pick em up. I am am overly concerned about anything I go in , but if urgent go to hospital, I told doc no changes and told him to take care he has to stay healthy to look after me lol . No car park service at my go clinic.                                               Joel1Q that definitely doesn’t sound secure with the urine samples. Though easier for those in pain to stay home and send the other half with it. We don’t need to do urine samples here. Harpy

• The PM group actually had me Pop the specimen in the mail.  Only feedback I got in my next video visit  was I didn’t register with enough opiate to justify the two a day 5mg Oxy prescription (I had less than what would be one pill per day).  BUT they said it’s ok if they adjusted the Rx to say 1-2 a day, as needed for pain level 5-8.  (Not take twice a day). I’ve had 3 visits since all via video, it’s great.  

Bottom line is unless you really have an acute situation driving seeing the doc, monthly maintenance meds, most everything can be done via FaceTime or zoom and with USPS urine delivery service  :D  that’s good because each of these visits were literally 10 min or less in office.  Way too much risk, I hope Drs keep this up. 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,697

Joel

I makes so much more sense to do it that way. My psychologist has been trying to do this for a long time. He said it's easier on patients, like myself, that has a hard time just getting out. We Zoom once a month, he still gets paid and I get help.
    Sandra

• advertisement
  • Yes, same for me with the pain psychologist, once a month. That is one pandemic change that will survive for a long time. 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.