advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Recovering from spinal surgery

Hi everyone!!

I'm new to this forum just wanted to say a big hello to you all and be safe.

I'm staying with my mom who recently underwent spinal surgery. She'd almost recovered when this covid 19 outbreak happened. She was getting her physiotherapy done and had just got started that this pandemic occurred. Now she's doing her physiotherapy from home itself and I'm helping her out.  I want to know if there is anything else I can do for her to relax her muscles?

One of my friends told me to try out (edit for content) that have Epsom salts and virgin Argan oil which soothes the muscles and relaxes them. But I don't know whether it's a good idea to start for my mom now?
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome amberg we’re glad you’re here!

If it were me, I would just keep helping her with her exercises and walking, every doctor I have talked to says walking is the #1 best exercise after spine surgery, but as always check with her doctor before adding any exercise.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. You may also want to check out the video How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery, which also has some great tips.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.