advertisement
advertisement

Opioid withdrawal help and when do I choose a pain pump?

My pain mgmt doctor closed his practice. He was the only doctor to prescribe meds that treated my pain effectively so that I have a somewhat normal life. I am on high doses of oxy - 3 x the max recommendation (I take 310 MME per day). I have failed back surgery syndrome from surgeries to treat lumbar congenital stenosis and I also have foraminal stenosis now. I can’t get a fusion because I have a mass on my kidney that needs to be treated first. It might be cancer. 

I’ve called 10 offices so far and got only 1 appointment. Most have refused to see me when I tell them my dosages. The doc I had appt with wouldn’t subscribe more than 1/10 with no tapering. I admittedly had a break down in his office.

I have a weeks worth of immediate release left. I am pretty sure I’m going to be forced into withdrawal. Has anyone experienced this? What is your advice? 

I tried to start tapering but it’s hard when that pain creeps in like clockwork not to take a pill that will help you to continue to function especially when I have to work a full time job from home. 

I’m writing this while sobbing. I’m so terrified. 

What is a pain pump like? If you have one When did you decide to get one? I feel like convincing a doc to give me a pain pump may be my only choice. 

Thank you.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,464

Aunt-Ressi

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Plus possibly being diagnosed with cancer. I'm so sorry. Trying to find a pain management doctor can be exhausting. Have you called any hospitals to see if they have had pain clinics?

I had to be weaned off my meds before getting my pain pump. It's not easy but you have to fight thru it. It was my PM doctor that told me I needed a pump because the meds were not helping. And besides, he could not keep prescribing higher doses. It was the best thing I ever did, I do not regret it. 

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask me. 
    Take care
    Sandra

• Ok thank you. That is good to know. That may have to be the route I take. I really appreciate it. 

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.