advertisement
advertisement

Jaw pain

Does anyone with C2-C3 cervical nerve damage experience sharp pain around the ear and temple, especially when biting down? Has your doctor or surgeon offered any suggestion?

The pain is new to me and it's like a nail driving through my right temple and into my lower jaw. It subsides briefly every once and a while but it's bothered me for about 2 weeks now. I talked with my orthopedic surgeon about it and he said that I should check with my dentist. I feel like this pain is stemming from cervical nerves and I'm not sure how much a dentist can help.

advertisement

Comments

• If I remember correctly you have RA also, if not disregard this, I had a RA flare in my jaw several months ago that had very similar symptoms that you describe, ended up having to take a course of prednisone to get over it.

Chip

• Hi Chip thanks for your reply! Not diagnosed with RA but exhibit the signs. I have severe osteoarthritis, DDD and large bone spurs. My primary problem is a cervical hemivertibra that is causing instability. Imagine a wedged block between two flat surfaces, and what happens to the center of gravity ie. my head hah. All the movement exacerbates wear and tear. The hemivertibra is on the right side of my spine where the jaw pain was the worst. It's subsided now thank God. Take care

• advertisement
  • I am glad it's over

Chip

Sign In or Join Us to comment.