advertisement
advertisement

L3 L4 Micro diskectomy

Had a micro diskectomy in December 2019 first four weeks I was doing really well . Now 4 months late left hip pain and numbness down leg also lower back pain when standing. Pain and numbness is worse now than before surgery any advice please help will it go away or is something gone wrong?

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome Im1954 we’re glad you’re here!

Have you contacted your surgeon? It is not unusual for pain and numbness return after surgery, I have had it happen a couple of times, but for me at least it had cleared up by the 4-5 month mark, I would contact my surgeon, you may need another scan to make sure everything is o.k.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. You may also want to check out the video How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery, which also has some great tips.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• I agree with Chip. Everyone I know who’s had a single level fusion was doing pretty good 3-5 months post-op. The fact you had a Microdisectomy and are having worse numbness and tingling now than versus 4 weeks post-op would make me want to see if I reherniated the disc. Every neurosurgeon I’ve spoken to takes numbness and tingling complaints much more seriously than complaints of pain. Good luck and please keep us posted.

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,464

I agree with Chip and L4_L5. Like L4_L5 said, having worse numbness and tingling would be a big concern to me. I would call my surgeon as soon as possible.

Take care and keep us posted.
    Sandra

• I saw the surgeon last week at the 5 month mark she still wants to wait another 6 weeks to see how I’m doing. She said I have good muscle strength in my leg and can walk on my toes and heals. But the pain and numbness still is coming and going at times I can’t do anything I tried putting 2 screws to put up a coat hook and couldn’t even do that. But the next day I was able to cut my back lawn I just don’t know from one minute to the next how I’m going to feel it can change in a second. I can’t keep living like this when I get a flare up I can’t do anything but lay there in pain and numbness on my left side it happens just about every day not knowing anything is a mind blowing and the depression is getting to me it’s even in my dreams at night can’t quite thing about it.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.