advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Pain Pump Blunder...HELP!

I really need some advice here. My sub nurse when my Pentech  Medtronic nurse was on maternity leave

put in the wrong amount of meds in my pump and UNDERDOSED me. I started going through withdrawl 3 weeks later, I guess it was a slow process, and 

got real sick, with high blood pressure, fatigue, nauseau, pain not so much, but my bp was 180 over 100 at one point! I was in the hospital one night, and had bloodwork, no one could 

figure it all out till much later. I just found out today! What caused it. Should someone, the nurse  company have to pay my bills? I don't want to get anyone in trouble, I don't want to lose my pain mangement in this day and age. I have a pile of bills I haven't even wanted to open. ADvice? I am waiting for a call from the companies rep. Im confused. 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,713

Welcome Birdlover to the Veritas Health Forum.

I have a pain pump and I can't imagine what you went through and still going through. Was it a pain management nurse or Medtronic nurse that filled it? That will make a difference in who you should talk to. If it was pain management, I would take the bills to the billing department and talk to them. Have you thought about talking to a lawyer? 

If you are waiting for a call from Medtronic's rep, I would start a list of facts of what happened. Also, questions you will have for them so you don't forget anything.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.