advertisement
advertisement

Second Thoracic Epidural

Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 319

I had my first (in a very long time) thoracic epidural a few weeks ago and, to my surprise, it seems to have helped with my thoracic pain level. I had a telemedicine follow-up last week so I'm going in this afternoon for my second thoracic epidural. The doctor insists on sedation for thoracic epidurals so no eating or drinking for a long time now so I'm getting rather grouchy! :) Over the years I've had no luck with epidurals but perhaps this doctor has the touch. I truly hope that I get as much relief from today's epidural as I did the previous one. I hope everyone is staying safe and not going to stir crazy being shut in. Have a good day, Jerome

advertisement

Comments

• @Jerome001 Good luck this afternoon! Please keep us posted on how it goes. 

I’m glad the one a few weeks ago helped. 

Oh I know all about fasting before the injections. 

I actually had them scheduled after work each time. 

So I had to work a whole shift four different times on no food or drink before each injection. 

Was like torture!

I had the sedation as well. I didn’t even ask for it.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,343

Good luck Jerome!! And let us know how you are doing.

Sandra

• advertisement
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 319

Sore and tired after the epidural. Hopefully, more positive results. I appreciate your thoughts. Jerome

Soreness is mostly gone but I'm not going to say most of the pre-epidural pain is gone until a few days have past. But, I'm thinking positive thoughts!!

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,343

Jerome

Great news!! Keep thinking positive and good luck!!

• advertisement

Thanks for the positive thoughts. My thoracic pain does seem better and certainly less intense. The doctor that did these two epidurals is obviously very skilled and knowledgeable. I am very thankful for her! Hope everyone is doing okay. Jerome

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.