advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Low back pian

Ok im old to this forum and haven't posted in a very long time. Ok i guess im getting frustrated because my low back literally kills me after trying to do any work. Ive been fused at L5-S . I just had radio frequency to burn nerves and helped leg pain. But im tired of everytime I try to do the least little thing it kills my back and the doctors seem like it's nothing. But something is causing it and has been since 2009 im guessing im just looking for someone in my shoes that's found answers and relief. It just really gets to me sometimes because it makes me feel like im not a man anymore because i use to love to exercise , hunt , fish, and its all been taken awa . 

advertisement

Comments

• Unfortunately, I understand and it's no fun, I have had to learn to pace myself, when it starts hurting I have learned to quit and rest.

Chip

• Yea it sucks never getting answer . 

• advertisement
  • Is your back pain coming from your back muscles, or from your spinal nerves?

If it is your muscles, I regret to advise that there may not be anything you can do.  I have severe Degenerative Disc disease and have had 4 back surgeries.  I don't really have any nerve pain down my legs, but my spine is so sore when I try to stand upright, that it hurts within seconds, and forces me to bend forward, like an old man (I guess I am ... I'm 72).  Bending forward eases the spinal pain but then forces my entire group of back muscles to contract, to keep me from falling forward.  Within 2 minutes, they get very fatigued, and begin aching ... and aching ... and aching. They can hit a level 7/10 within 3-4 minutes.  I can sit down and ease their pain, but when I stand up again, it all starts again.

I mention there may be nothing you can do about it (if it is muscle pain), because I have tried it all.  Years of opioids, 4 muscle relaxants, 12 NSAIDs, 3 anti-seizure meds, sedatives, oral steroids, steroid injections, nerve block injections, trigger point injections, tens stimulation, 5 rounds of PT, tilt tables, gym exercises, back braces, magnet therapy, heating pads, hot tubs, acupuncture, swimming ...  The only thing that stops the pain is sitting down to rest my back in a reclined LayZBoy, or getting into my home hot tub.  Swimming can also do it, but one can't take the pool home with you.

If it is spinal pain, that CAN be alleviated through surgery, or possibly, though an implantable neural spine stimulator. 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.