advertisement
advertisement

Spinal cord stimulator trial

I am in pain every single day 24/7 and I fight through it to take care of my husband and my dad and I really need to understand what my recover will be I have by surgery for the trial June 1st and the placement the 5 th what should I exspect, cause I want to be ready this time. I think I did things to early after my acdf and this is why I am paying so soon

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome shyann30144 we’re glad you’re here!

It's been several years since my stimulator was put in but I was told to not bend, lift or twist for a period of 6 weeks if I remember correctly, I was also told to not lift anything over 10 pounds for the same amount of time, the reason for all that was to let the leads scar in, I didn't have any problem with recovery, but you have to remember that it's still surgery, hopefully another member with a more recent experience will comment with their experience/ 

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read Spinal Cord Stimulators and Pain Pumps: Implantable Systems for Neuropathy on Spine-health? It has some great information about intrathecal pain pumps that you might find helpful. There are other pain management resources available in the Pain Management Health Center you may also want to check out.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• Thanks I appreciate your advice and I didn’t look at that but I sure will thanks

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,464

Like Chip said, this is still surgery and you need to let yourself recover. Time and patience. I also had a SCS but had to have it removed a short time later. But the instructions were the same, no bending, twisting, lifting or pushing. 

If you would like to read other member's experiences, go to the search box at the top right of the page and key in SCS, scroll down past the ads, and there will be older discussions on this subject for reading only. You will not be able to reply to these discussions. But there is a lot of valuable information that may be helpful to you.

Take care and please keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• shyann30144 - I am wondering what part of your spine the proposed SCS leads are to be implanted.  My leads were implanted at the base of my brain stem at C1/C2.  Because of the nature of my spinal cord injury, almost all spine surgeons would not touch me. 

I ended up working with a functional neurosurgeon (they are neurosurgeons that specialize in implanting devices in the brain and spinal cord) at a .  Yes, my recovery has been difficult, but it has been worth it. 

Please private message me it you would like more details.

• Mine is going on my C4

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.