advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Hip Pain Bone on Bone 24/7

I had an image guided injection of cortisone last December. I have constant pain in my right hip joint all the time that is increasingly getting worse. It disrupts my sleep at night when I change positions. And it interferes with my activities of daily living everyday. At times it feels like my leg will Buckle underneath me when I first stand up. I cannot step sideways or turn suddenly to change directions walking without sudden sharp pain. When I stand from a sitting position at times I cannot put my right foot flat on the floor but I have to stand as if I have a high heel on and after a couple of minutes I can then ease my foot flat on the floor. I have been taking supplements such as chondroitin, hyaluronic acid, and collagen but I do not take all of them at the same time and I take different doses depending on how much money I have at the time to spend on supplements. My schedule taking them is off much of the time because I work 12-hour shifts overnight and I am really tired all the time because I have ESLD. Much of the time I take them once a day when I happen to sit down and remember I need to take them. I have insurance through Obamacare and I would like to try injections of hylauronic acid or collagen. The cortisone injection in December helped quite a bit but it only lasted until mid February. My doctors will not give me anything for pain because of the end stage disease. Tylenol and ibuprofen do absolutely nothing for me. One doctor did give me an NSAID cream that does nothing. I read online that is not meant for the hip but more for the fingers or wrists. I really cannot afford to miss work long enough to have any kind of hip surgery or the time it would take to recover from it. I really really don't want to go that route anyway. What supplements can I take and in what amounts and what brands would be most helpful to me? I do home health care and I have to transfer patients. Any weight from anything I lift or carry that is even slightly heavy is close to unbearable. The orthopedic surgeon I saw in December was a jerk. He rushed the visit and told me he had something more important to take care of. I do not want to see him again.

advertisement

Comments

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,275
    edited 05/15/2020 - 12:08 AM

@KarenP57

Have you had an MRA to check for a labrum tear?

• No I haven't had anything done except for a couple of x-rays. I'm in the process now of trying to find a different doctor to go to. I will bring that up at my appointment. Thank you. I had not even thought of that.

• advertisement
  • Welcome KarenP57 we’re glad you’re here!

Noone here is allowed to suggest any supplements or brands, what's good for us may not be good for you, if it were me I would find a different orthopedic and have more testing done to find the cause of your pain.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

You can also find information about hip pain on Sports-health.com,  All articles are authored by expert health professionals and reviewed by our experienced editorial team. This rigorous editorial process is modeled after that of a medical journal and ensures all of the articles are accurate, comprehensive, and unbiased. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• I was referred to a Rheumatologist by my family Dr. He gave cortisone and ordered an MRI, was for my shoulder. X-rays showed nothing wrong but 3 of  4 tendons were ripped right off my shoulder so I had surgery. I took Celebrex to help while waiting.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.