advertisement
advertisement

Morphine Pumps

I am asking a real quick question. I have had 26 back surgeries and I am fused from S-1 to L2 plus I have had my sag joints fused. I had a morphine pump implant in 2007 and had it removed in 2012. I am now suffering in intense pain from the collection of morphine crystals in my spinal cord. I am wondering if anyone else is also suffering from this condition from the morphine pump. I have had 8 EMG done and all doctors are saying that my nerves are dying. I have lost all feelings in my left leg and the right leg is getting constant nerve spikes that are just starting to become unbearable. My neurosurgeon has told me that the morphine crystals have bundled my nerves at the base of my spinal cord and there is nothing that they can do for me. Is anyone else going through this misery?

Thanks,

Ray

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,476

Welcome RDempsey1 to the Veritas Health Forum.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I also have a morphine pain pump but have not had any issues with mine. I have heard of the crystals that can form and the damage that can be done. Please don't give up, hopefully someone will be able to do something.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

You can also find information on Spine-health.com and Pain-health.com. All articles are authored by expert health professionals and reviewed by our experienced editorial team. This rigorous editorial process is modeled after that of a medical journal and ensures all of the articles are accurate, comprehensive, and unbiased. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.