advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

L4-s1 fusión support

I am post of 17 days and probably the worst 17 days ever. I was in the hospital 6 days post op. I had a neurogenic bladder upon waking up. They did 3 caths before my bladder woke up.

After discharge I've been in the ER three times. The first time was diagnosed with uti. Antibiotics good to go. Second time was told uti with bladder and kidney infection. Antibiotics and suppose to be good to go. Today the told me was uti bladder kidney infection with sepsis. Antibiotics oral injection and iv fluids and antibiotic. The pain is horrible. When I was discharged. They discharged me with 30 pain pills. Taje 2 every 4 hours for pain and was told today this is a 30 day supply and can't have anything more for pain. My tailbone and hips are killing me, I have no idea why. Just hurts. I've tried the on call number. No one returns the calls. I'm losing my mind and have no idea what to do at this point. I can't sleep because the pain won't let me.

This is the Healthcare provided for our veterans. 

Any suggestions please advise.

Lex 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome Wareiss we’re glad you’re here!

I am sorry you are having so many issues after surgery, I hope thay have the infection under control. Tailbone pain is pretty common, I had it after both my lumbar fusions, the things that helped me the most were, walking as much as possible, I didn't do long distances, just got up every hour and walked around the house, ice packs provided some temporary relief. I hope your surgeon gets in touch with you and helps you with your pain medication.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. You may also want to check out the video How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery, which also has some great tips.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.