advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Breakthrough Pain

Hi!  I’ve had cancer three times and am on low dose chemo for the rest of my life.  I also suffer from Fibromyalgia and CFS.  Lately, I’ve noticed my breakthrough pain med isn’t handling my pain.  I’ve been on oxycodone 10/325 for over three years and think I may have become tolerant to it.  Can anyone offer some advice as to what they use for breakthrough pain?  My doctor has a tendency to make me feel like I’m complaining too much so I went to go in prepared tomorrow.  Thank you!

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome painaway1021 we’re glad you’re here!

I have been on pain medications for several years and they can become less effective over time, at this time I use buprenorphine which comes in a patch form or dissovable film as my main medication and allowed 2 hydrocodone to back that up, it has worked very well for me. 

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read through our Chronic Pain Resources on Spine-health? You’ll find a number of valuable Chronic Pain Coping Techniques and resources for Understanding Neuropathy Symptoms. It’s a comprehensive resource for those seeking more information about chronic pain. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• Yes I have a patch on round the clock but hopefully you can get the pain relief you need. I take lyrics for nerve pain as well . 

I hope your Dr  appointment was effective. Do you see a Pain  Dr? Usually an Oncologist is the best hope for pain relief. Take care. Charry

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.