advertisement
advertisement

Spinal Chord Stimulator

Hi all,

Hoping to hear from those who have had the SCS implant. Any help would be appreciated. 

There are sporadic stories throughout the forums by I thought a collection of experiences on the one thread might help those who are considering it..

I personally am hoping it will provide relief for lower back pain associated with trauma and resulting scoliosis and mild to moderate sciatica.

Have read the forum articles but some thoughts from veterans would be helpful. Bringing it up with my PM doctor appointment on the 25th.

Thanks.

Drew.

advertisement

Comments

• I had a stimulator for several years and it did help me with sciatica and general pain, my back finally got so bad that I required fusion surgery and it never worked again afterwards and was taken out, I wish I had one now.

Chip

• drewskiddrewski Posts: 11
    edited 06/18/2020 - 7:16 PM

@challenger

Forgive me if this is ignorant question (I’m new to this) - why can’t you receive one now? 

• advertisement
  • I probably could if I pushed the issue, getting insurance approval can be a challenge.

Chip

• @challenger - I’m Australian! Little different here.. I’ve heard the American system can be difficult to negotiate..

• The stimulator and required surgery are very expensive, getting approval from the insurance can be challenging to say the least, I had mine for almost 5 years and it was nearing the end of it's life span at that time, I understand that the battery technology is much better now and stimulators have a longer life.

Chip 

• advertisement
  • Adding in a comment to follow this thread. Interested if this would help diffuse nerve pain in the legs from a spinal fusion. 

• My stimulator helped with the leg pain

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.