advertisement
advertisement

Tall person issue after surgery

Going in for my second L5-S1 discectomy in about a week, and I’m terrified of reherniating AGAIN.

I’m fairly certain that I reherniated when leaving the hospital after my first surgery. I’m 6’ 3”, so getting into the car without bending to make room for my head is a near impossibility. And when I tried to get in the car as instructed, I still bent too far and felt a sharp pain that never went away. I’m really stressing out about this happening again.

Anyone else on here have similar issues? 

advertisement

Comments

• Getting in and out of a car can be a challenge, I am a little over 6 feet tall, I found that a SUV or truck were much easier for me to get in than a car.

Chip 

• Heck, I'm only 5'8", and I have trouble getting in and out of cars. Other than that, I get along fine.

Mike

• advertisement
  • I borrowed a friends Forerunner and had the OT help me get in. Everything went smoothly, and I’m happy to say I’m now five days post op and pain free!

• Happy to hear things are going well

Chip

• I’m 5ft9 and I just bend only at my knees, keeping my back up, like a really awkward ballerina. But I’m lucky my legs are strong I guess! 

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.