advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Tall person issue after surgery

Going in for my second L5-S1 discectomy in about a week, and I’m terrified of reherniating AGAIN.

I’m fairly certain that I reherniated when leaving the hospital after my first surgery. I’m 6’ 3”, so getting into the car without bending to make room for my head is a near impossibility. And when I tried to get in the car as instructed, I still bent too far and felt a sharp pain that never went away. I’m really stressing out about this happening again.

Anyone else on here have similar issues? 

advertisement

Comments

• Getting in and out of a car can be a challenge, I am a little over 6 feet tall, I found that a SUV or truck were much easier for me to get in than a car.

Chip 

• Heck, I'm only 5'8", and I have trouble getting in and out of cars. Other than that, I get along fine.

Mike

• advertisement
  • I borrowed a friends Forerunner and had the OT help me get in. Everything went smoothly, and I’m happy to say I’m now five days post op and pain free!

• Happy to hear things are going well

Chip

• I’m 5ft9 and I just bend only at my knees, keeping my back up, like a really awkward ballerina. But I’m lucky my legs are strong I guess! 

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.