advertisement
advertisement

Neuropathy upper back

I had a spinal cord stimulator placed for trial on June 1st and made permanent June 5th and when I thought finally all my pain would be gone I have a new pain now . I have gained neuropathy in my upper back and it is so painful I can’t sit in a chair and have my back touch the chair cause it just burns so bad. My gabby Didn’t work so my dr is trying Lyrica now to set if this works. I’m in pain all the time . I just don’t know how to find relief showering is so painful and chairs and so sick of laying in bed or recliner on my side to relieve pain. Does anyone have any pain relief ideas for me that have worked for them I might try so I’m not so miserable. I just want to cry all the time. Please help me

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,464

The only things that help me out with nerve pain is Neurontin, ice, heat and exercises. But I am wondering why the SCS is not helping with his nerve pain?
    Sandra

• I didn’t have nerve pain before the scs was placed this all came u after it wa laces this is new

• advertisement
  • I can’t place ice or heat on it either 

• I tried that it didn’t work now on Lyrica and if this don’t work my neurosurgeon is talking about deading the nerves that are messed up. 

I really hope the Lyrica helps. Is your doctor talking about doing radiofrequency ablation? 

• advertisement
  • Yes that would be the next step and he said we should know if Lyrica will work with in a 2 week period so I I have until Middle of next week to hope this message works. This is a miserable life waiting for the meds to work 

I'm so sorry but I know how you feel. When mine flare up, due to inflammation, I have had injections as well as oral Prednisone and Medrol packs, which worked better for me. 

• I wish they could inject something to numb that area but I k ow he needs to know if the Lyrica is working or not but omg this makes my life so dang difficult 

I'm sorry because I know how you feel. If the Lyrica does not work at least there is plan B. Hang in there, it will get better.
    Sandra

• Thanks and it’s nice to have people that truly know what I’m going through. Thanks for everything I really appreciate all your advice 

• shyann30144 - For what it is worth, I been working with my functional neurosurgeon since last October to try to find the proper stimulation level for me.  My SCS leads are in my cervical neck at C1/C2. 

That being said, I've had multiple rounds where the SCS appeared to be working for me and then after many weeks or even months, pain would flare up and became unbearable, a sharp cramping, almost ripping feeling.  I would turn the unit off for a couple of weeks and then start all over again. 

At my last office visit, the neurosurgeon told me that he has concluded that I need a small fraction of the stimulation from the SCS unit as compared to other similar cases.  My point being as he said, every case is unique.  I've found it very important to have very candid discussion's and reporting back, be it good or bad.  I hope you are able to find a way to get the SCS unit to work for you.  Sometimes, medication is required to reach the place where the SCS is a positive tool.

• I’m still unsure I went in last week to have mine set up for every position I could ever be in and when I left my husband had to hurry and grab the remote and turn it down cause it went crazy and I couldn’t move to get in the elevator and that’s happened several times to me. I sure hope to figure this out but I have had no pain except my new acquired pain. My pain in my neck at C4 that caused head headaches and pain in my shoulder and down my arm on my left side that has all been amazing since my scs was put in.  How long ago was yours done?

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.