advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

C5-6, 6-7 Fusion

I am having C5-6,6-7 Fusions in a few weeks time and wondering what to expect when I come out of surgery. At the moment I have constant vertigo and pain in my left elbow and fingers I am also losing strength in my hands and struggle to hold a mobile phone up to my ear for more than a couple of minutes.

I have previously had 4 spinal fusions L2 - 3, 3-4, 4-5 & L5-S1 over a period of 33 Years. And each time the surgery and recovery has been different. I am now almost 58 and realise the recovery may take a bit longer than when I had my first Fusion in 1987.

advertisement

Comments

• I've never had any low back surgeries, but each of my three cervical surgeries were different.  I never had any neck braces or collars after surgery, a lot of people speak of their surgeons requiring neck braces after surgery.  Most of the time, the access in the neck is easier, especially if you are having anterior surgery.  Then there is the underlying cause of surgery.  That can make such a difference.  I wish you well in your procedure(s).   

• Mark

I have had both, lumbar fusion and ACDF C4-C7, for me the ACDF was a very easy surgery compared to lumbar surgery, I woke up with very little pain, I was only required to wear a soft collar when riding in a car but I understand that some surgeons require you to wear a collar all the time after surgery. My recovery went very well and after PT I dot most of my rande of motion and strength back.

If you have any questions we can help with, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,703

Mark

Read through June Surgery Buddies, some of the members there have just had cervical surgery and you can follow their recovery. Also, please join us in July Surgery Buddies. The link is below.

https://forum.veritashealth.com/discussion/112453/treatment/surgery-buddies-forum/july-2020-surgery-buddies#latest

Sandra

Sign In or Join Us to comment.