advertisement
advertisement

meniscus tear

I am going through a very hard period in my life right now.

Until two months ago, life seemed relatively promising.

But now it looks uncertain, as I feel I am losing even the small things which used to make happy.

To sum it up, I used to jog.

And last month, even if on that day I wasn't in my best shape, I went on a long run because I wanted to lose some weight.

When I finished my run, I felt that my legs were weak, and I couldn't even straighten my legs.

However, the doctor said that I had just a muscle strain, and I completely recover very soon.

For the time being, I don't feel pain, but I can't take more than just a few steps, because my legs are weak,

However, some day ago, while I tried to get up from a chair, and I used my left leg, I felt as if something had run through my left knee.

I wouldn't say it was painful, but once I was on my feet, my left leg felt a bit weaker than my left leg probably felt a bit weaker, at least for the fist moments.

Is this possible that this could have been a meniscus tear?

I've hear that there are some tests to check this, but I think it would think it would be better for me to try than when I'm feeling a little better.

Anyway,  assuming this is a meniscos tear, what should I do for now and in the future?

Should I listen to a doctor again?

And how long could it take for this to develop into osteoarthritis?

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,554

Welcome shooting star to the Veritas Health Forum.

The only way you are going to know for sure is to see a doctor. Right now, you are only assuming this is a meniscus tear when it may not be. If it were me I would get another opinion from another doctor.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you visited Arthritis-health.com? The site offers comprehensive information about arthritis and includes articles about specific arthritis typesarthritis coping strategies, and treatment tips. This site is a terrific resource for anyone looking for more information about arthritis.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.