advertisement
advertisement

Bending neck electrical shock down spine and buttocks

I had a C5/6 disk replacement in 2014.  I have been fine until recently I Brandt my neck down and I got this electrical feeling down spine into buttocks and sometimes goes down my leg.   This is constant.   I refer to it as buzzing.    And it’s not painful but scary feeling

Anyone else.

advertisement

Comments

• I have not had that feeling but if I did, I would report it to my surgeon.

Chip

• CassCoop - I've had shocking feelings go down my body and the cause was in my neck.  I agree with Chip and I would report it to a spine surgeon.

• advertisement
  • I used to get similar"shock waves" prior to ACDF in 2016.  They had gone away, however now I get them occasionally.  I would definitely talk to surgeon or primary doc sooner than later. We all know how frequent repeat surgeries are necessary.  It's a shame but part of our lives now. Good luck and stay positive. 

Jen

• By the way my ACDF was C5-C8

Jen

• Sounds like a pinched nerve in neck

• advertisement
  • Thank you for your responses.   Unfortunately the neurosurgeon that did my surgery is not practicing in NJ any longer.    I went to my PCP and got a script for an MRI for cervical and lumbar.  Where I had my replacement the replacement is straight But there is some not so nice looking pushing into the spinal canal.   

I saw a new doctor and he was a joke.  He said my left lumbar is herniated and since all my symptoms are on the right he is perplexed   Moved onto my neck and he said start physical therapy and take a dose of steroids.   

Well there is no way I am going to physical therapy to have anyone touch my neck area when I have not stopped with this feeling in over a month and I did the steroids and it did nothing.

I have an appointment with another doctor on Friday.  I am so scared because all I read on this is it’s a symptom of MS or spinal compression.   With MS it’s not constant it’s here and there.     

• Cass, so sorry you are going through all of this. I understand your fears, the more you read sometimes the more scary. I sure hope your next doctor has answers for you, keep looking if you are not satisfied. Sometimes it takes time finding the right doctor. We are all here to support you. 

Jen

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.